Brazil's World Cup dreams ended in a humiliating fashion on Tuesday as Germany thrashed them 7-1 in the first semi-final.
In the first 29 minutes Germany were already 5-0 up after goals from Thomas Muller, Miroslav Klose, two from Toni Kroos, and the fifth from Sami Khedira.
Chelsea striker Andre Schurrle arrived as a substitute after half time to net two more.
Towards the end of the game some of Brazil's fans started cheering every German pass and applauding their goals.
- Germany scored more goals in this game (7) than England did in their past two World Cups combined (5).
- No team has ever let in five goals by half-time in a World Cup semi-final.
- Miroslav Klose's goal was his sixteenth in World Cup finals - beating the record he held with Ronaldo of Brazil.
- This is the first World Cup game with eight or more goals since Saudi Arabia v Germany in 2002 (0-8).
- Germany are now the highest scorers in World Cup history with 223 goals, overtaking Brazil.
- Germany have now made it to more World Cup finals (8) than any other nation