On Halloween, lots of you may be heading out on the streets to go trick or treating.
We've put together some tips to make sure you stay safe while having fun:
- Make sure a responsible adult or guardian goes with you - it could be an older brother or sister if they're over 16
- Plan your route before you leave the house and make sure someone else knows where you are going
- Wear reflective or light-coloured clothing so you can be seen
- Carry a torch to check what's around you and avoid falling over
- Stay close to home and if possible only visit the houses of people you know
- NEVER enter a stranger's home
- Stay on pavements and check carefully before crossing a road - especially if there's a large group of you
- Throw away any treats or sweets that have been opened or unwrapped
- If you are wearing a mask, make sure that you can see clearly out of it
- Make sure your costume is warm - it is almost November!
- Bring water with you, you may get thirsty!
- Don't argue with people or "trick" them if they don't have more sweets or don't want to celebrate Halloween. There will be many more who want to engage in the fun!