- Security forces carry out a day-long operation to break up camps of supporters loyal to the ousted president, Mohammed Morsi.
- Egyptian health officials say 235 civilians, as well as 43 police officers, have been killed. But the Muslim Brotherhood puts the death toll at over 2,000
- Egyptian authorities declare a month-long state of emergency and a curfew
- Interim government vice-president Mohamed ElBaradei resigns over the bloodshed
- There are also reports of violence elsewhere in Cairo and in other parts of Egypt
- All times in GMT
- Becky Branford
- Pia Gadkari
- Jastinder Khera
- Sarah Fowler
- Caroline McClatchey
Last updated 17 August 2013Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.