Honduras profile - Media
Since the 2009 coup, Honduras has been one of the Western Hemisphere's most dangerous countries for journalists.
Journalists working for opposition media are often physically attacked, threatened, or forced to flee the country, says Reporters Without Borders.
Freedom House says most of the main media outlets are owned by a few powerful business interests which exert control over content.
There were 2.7 million internet users by 2017, around 32% of the population (Internetworldstats). Facebook is the leading social network..
- El Heraldo - private daily
- La Prensa - private daily
- El Tiempo - private daily
- La Tribuna - private daily
- Televicentro - operates Tsi, Canal 5 El Lider and Telecadena 7 y 4 networks
- Canal 6 - private
- VTV - private
- Canal 11 - private