- Ukraine's parliament votes to oust President Viktor Yanukovych as opposition takes effective control of the capital, Kiev
- Opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko addresses crowds in Kiev after being freed from hospital where she was under prison guard
- Parliament elects Oleksandr Turchynov, an ally of Yulia Tymoshenko, as the new speaker (All updates GMT)
- Mr Yanukovych appears on TV, brands events in Kiev as a "coup" and refuse to step down
- New elections set by parliament for 25 May
- Leaders of mainly Russian-speaking regions in east Ukraine say they are taking control of their territories until "constitutional order" is restored in Kiev.
- Simeon Paterson
- Jasmine Coleman
- Lyndsey Telford
- Paul Kirby
Last updated 22 February 2014Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.