- Algerian forces have ended a four-day hostage crisis at a gas facility in the Sahara desert.
- The interior ministry says 23 hostages and 32 captors have been killed. The identity of the hostages has not been revealed.
- Five British nationals and one UK resident are dead or unaccounted for. Five Norwegians are also missing.
- UK Defence Secretary Philip Hammond says the hostage-takers "bear sole responsibility".
- French President Francois Hollande defends the Algerian response as "the most suitable".
- All times GMT.
- Jastinder Khera
- Nina Lamparski
- Anna Browning
Last updated 19 January 2013Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.