A renegade general in the Democratic Republic of Congo has told the BBC his war crimes indictment is based on lies.
Bosco Ntaganda has been wanted by the International Criminal Court since 2006 for recruiting child soldiers.
He also denied involvement in last month's army mutiny in eastern DR Congo and said he had no fighters with him.
Known as the "Terminator", he is accused of masterminding the recent unrest and fighting after pressure increased for him to be arrested.
The ICC prosecutor accuses him of recruiting child fighters in the north-eastern region of Ituri for the same rebel group as Thomas Lubanga, who in March became the first person to be convicted of war crimes by the court.
Gen Ntaganda, who has fought for various militias over the years, went on to lead the CNDP rebel group, which was integrated into the Congolese army in 2009 as part of a peace deal.
An internal UN report seen by the BBC on Monday accused neighbouring Rwanda of supplying weapons and soldiers to rebels linked to Gen Ntaganda in eastern DR Congo. Kigali rejected the report.
In an interview with the BBC's Great Lakes Service, Gen Ntaganda accused the ICC of being biased against Africans.
"Are there people from Ituri that accuse me? Does the prosecutor in The Hague love the people of Ituri more than the Iturians themselves - it is lies, it is lies, they should stop lying to Africans," he said.
He also dismissed as "lies" the claims that he was involved in the current rebellion involving former CNDP fighters which has displaced tens of thousands from their homes.
"What soldiers? I have no soldiers, I'm in my farm in Masisi," Gen Ntaganda said.
But he said the mutineers - known as M23 - were angry that the deal agreed with the government had been been adhered to.
"What I want to be done is for the president of Congo to implement the agreement we agreed before I was integrated into the national army.
"There was an agreement signed on 23 March 2009 - if that agreement is implemented that problem would be over and it's not complicated."
Before the 2009 peace deal, the CNDP militia threatened to invade Goma, leading some 250,000 people to flee.
People in and around the town of Goma blame these troops for persistent unrest - including looting and rape - since the formal end of DR Congo's war in 2003.