Guinea-Bissau profile - Media
The constitution provides for press freedom and there is some media diversity, says US NGO Freedom House. But it says that journalists regularly face harassment and intimidation.
Reporters Without Borders says journalists self-censor when covering government shortcomings, organised crime and the influence of the military.
Private radio stations operate alongside the state broadcaster. A government-owned newspaper publishes alongside non-state titles.
There were 120,000 internet users by December 2018 (InternetWorldStats.com). Just under 8% of citizens are active on social media (We Are Social, 2019) and Facebook is the most-used platform.
- No Pintcha - state-run weekly
- O Democrata - private, weekly
- Gazeta de Noticias - private, weekly
- Agencia de Noticias da Guine (ANG) - state-run news agency
- Televisao de Guinea-Bissau (TGB) - state-run
- Radiodifusao Nacional - state-run
- Radio Pindjiguiti - private
- Bombolom FM - private