South East Wales

Electrical fire sees Cardiff high-rise building evacuated

Stadium House, Cardiff Image copyright Google

A high-rise building in the centre of Cardiff had to be evacuated after an electrical fire broke out.

Seven fire crews were called to Stadium House on Park Street at 15:35 GMT on Thursday.

Jennie Griffiths, head of control at South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, tweeted that crews tackled a blaze on the 15th floor.

The accidental fire at the BT-owned building was out by 17:00. No-one was injured.

A BT spokesman said: "We can confirm that Stadium House in Cardiff was temporarily evacuated following a minor electrical fire on the 15th floor.

"The fire has been extinguished and no services to customers have been affected."