Wales v Japan rugby match prompts Cardiff travel warning
A sell-out crowd for Wales' autumn international against Japan has prompted a travel warning for Cardiff.
Arriva Trains Wales said extra trains had been put on to try and cope with demand, but it still expected services to be very busy.
Cardiff council have reopened roads ahead of the planned time of 17:30 GMT as it was deemed "safe to do so".
Cardiff Queen Street Station closed at 16:00 and St Mary Street taxi rank will also be closed until 17:30.
A queuing system will be in place at Cardiff Central Station after the match.
Saunders Road from the junction with St Mary Street, the whole of Custom House Street and Penarth Road from the junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the back of the Cardiff Central Station will all be closed from 16:00 to 18:00.
Due to Cardiff City's football game with Huddersfield at the Cardiff City Stadium, which kicked off at 15:00, there will be a crowd management operation in place at Grangetown and Ninian Park stations.
The taxi rank on Mill Lane is not affected and will be open as normal.
Buses will not stop in the city centre during the road closures so will relocate to Churchill Way for services heading east, Greyfriars Road for the north and Tudor Street for the west.
Meanwhile, Arriva Trains Wales cancelled all services between Llandudno and Blaenau Ffestiniog on Saturday because of a fault on trains. A bus replacement service is in operation.
Speed restrictions may be imposed across some parts of the rail network around Cardiff Central from 19:00 on Saturday evening to protect the railway from fallen trees and other debris from Storm Angus.
On Sunday, some early morning trains may need to be cancelled.
City centre road closures
- Kingsway from junction with North Road to junction with Duke Street
- Cowbridge Road East from junction with Cathedral Road to junction with Westgate Street
- Tudor Street from junction with Clare Road to junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders via Fitzhamon Embankment)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from junctions with Despenser Place to junctions with Tudor Street
- Duke Street, Castle Street, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road
Check if this is affecting your journey