Aberfan: Prince Charles' wreath message taken from cemetery
A message from the wreath placed by Prince Charles on the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster has been taken.
The Prince of Wales laid a wreath in the cemetery where some of the 144 victims of the tragedy on 21 October 1966 are buried. The message had gone by Sunday.
David Davies, chairman of trustees at the Aberfan Memorial Charity, said it was "sad" it had been taken.
South Wales Police said it was aware of the incident and was investigating.
Wales observed a minute's silence at 09:15 BST on Friday, 50 years after a mountain of coal waste from tip seven of Merthyr Vale Colliery slid down onto Aberfan and destroyed Pantglas Junior School and nearby homes.
Prince Charles spent much of Friday afternoon with families of those who died in the disaster and attended a reception before signing a book of remembrance.
He also read out a message from the Queen which said the spirit of the community proved "even the greatest loss cannot triumph over love".