South East Wales

Woman airlifted to hospital after Newport house fire

Fire engine at the scene Image copyright South Wales Fire and Rescue Service

A woman has been airlifted to hospital following a house fire in Newport.

Firefighters were called to Delphinium Road in Rogerstone just before 10:00 GMT on Tuesday after a neighbour reported hearing a smoke alarm.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was accidental.

Lawrence Morris, the officer in charge of the incident said the case highlighted the importance of installing and maintaining smoke alarms.

Image copyright South Wales Fire and Rescue Service

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites