South East Wales

Norovirus to blame for Hi-Tide bar diners falling ill

Hi-Tide sign Image copyright Google

Fifty-six people who fell ill after attending functions at a bar in Bridgend county had the norovirus, it has been confirmed.

Public Health Wales said the Hi-Tide bar in Porthcawl remains open after the outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting.

The outbreak has now been declared over.

A bar spokesman said: "We are confident that we provided, and will continue to provide, the very highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene."

"We would like to wish all those affected a full and speedy recovery," the spokesman added.

More on this story