Cardiff's Angel Hotel closed after gastroenteritis outbreak
A virus outbreak has led to the closure of a south Wales hotel.
An investigation has been launched at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff after management decided to shut it as a precautionary measure.
A spokeswoman said they are providing support to guests, 26 of whom have been affected by the illness. No one needed hospital treatment.
Cardiff council said environmental health officers have confirmed the virus is gastroenteritis.
The hotel is contacting guests who are due to arrive over the next few days to help them make other arrangements.
No further information can be given until the investigation has been completed, the spokeswoman added.
The council were notified on Wednesday that guests were falling ill at the hotel.
"The officers acted immediately, visited the hotel and undertook an inspection, including interviewing staff and guests and we can confirm a bout of gastroenteritis," a spokesman said.
"We are working closely with the management, who have been very helpful and the situation is being contained."