Bridgend hospital care: No public inquiry, says Jones
Calls for a public inquiry into standards of care at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend have been rejected by the first minister.
Welsh Tory leader Andrew RT Davies called for action on behalf of families who spoke about their concerns about treatment of relatives to the BBC Wales Week In Week Out programme.
Mr Jones said a report by Professor June Andrews - Trusted to Care - had already led to more stringent checks.
He said there was "no new evidence."
The 2014 review of the Princess of Wales and Neath Port Talbot hospitals found "unacceptable" care of elderly patients.
In October, two nurses who worked at Princess of Wales Hospital were cleared of wilful neglect.
Two other nurses pleaded guilty to wilful neglect of a patient and, along with a third, to falsifying blood glucose readings. They are due to be sentenced in December.
Concerned families have told BBC Wales they want an inquiry into standards of care from 2010 to 2012.
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg health board said it would apologise to the families for their more general allegations of poor care.
During First Minister's Questions on Tuesday, Mr Jones said: "We have recognised the issues at the Princess of Wales Hospital; that's why we commissioned the Andrews report, that gave us recommendations we needed to move forward with.
"They have led to more stringent checks on hospitals, particularly un-announced checks.
"We believe that in dealing with it in this way, the issue has been dealt with.
"No new evidence has come forward to suggest that Professor Andrews was in any way wrong, so it wouldn't be the intention of the government to commission a public inquiry at this stage."