North West Wales

Camp stove gas blast damages house at Trearddur Bay

Snowdon View Road Image copyright Google
Image caption The blast damaged windows and doors at the house on Snowdon View Road

A gas explosion damaged a house on Anglesey after an incident involving a camping stove following a power cut.

The stove had been switched off but was on top of an electric hob which had been left on in the blackout and heated up once power was restored.

No one was at home at the time of the blast at Snowdon View Road, Trearddur Bay, on Saturday at 14:22 GMT.

Considerable damage was caused to doors and windows, said North Wales Fire and Rescue Service.

Community fire safety team manager Brian Williams said: "Given the potential for power cuts during the current stormy weather, we would remind anyone using camping gas equipment to make sure that it is switched off and safely stored."

More on this story