Day three of sea search for missing Isaac Nash, 12
The search for a missing 12-year-old boy who was swept into the sea while playing continues for a third day.
Isaac Nash, who is from the Huddersfield area, was on holiday with his family on Anglesey when he got into difficulty in the water at Aberffraw on Friday afternoon.
A major search of the coastline was launched with the coastguard, RNLI and the RAF rescue helicopter.
North Wales Police said the search resumed at first light on Sunday.
Isaac had been playing with another child when they got into difficulty.
His grandfather tried to help him but he was snatched from his grasp by the waves, according to local councillor Peter Rogers.
"It's an awful accident," he said.
"It's heart-breaking. All our thoughts go out to the family. To have happened like this it is a real, real tragedy.
"They weren't swimming they were just on the edge of the sea shore."
He said: "Generally, it is a very safe beach. The circumstances on Friday were that it was very rough.
"Fortunately, the father grabbed the little one and it would appear that the grandfather had also got hold of the 12-year-old and he was snatched out of his grasp when he was thrown against the rocks."
A specialist underwater search team was called in to help check the estuary on Saturday, while family members and local people helped search the shoreline.
On Sunday, the police helicopter continued the hunt as three teams of coastguard staff search from the shoreline between Aberffraw and Llanddwyn Island.