Woman dies as family overcome by fumes in tent
A woman has died after a family of four were overcome by fumes in their tent on a campsite in Gwynedd.
North Wales Police say two children, aged four and seven, and their father are "comfortable" in hospital but their mother, 35, died.
Police were called to the Aberafon Camping and Caravan site at Gyrn Goch on Monday morning.
The family are from Chesterfield, Derbyshire. The death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.
A post-mortem examination will be held.
The woman's husband, also in his 30s, is expected to be kept in overnight at Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor.
Sgt David Hughes from North Wales Police said it had been a very difficult situation for all those involved.
"Obviously there have been some people nearby upset.
"They have been very helpful and are obviously aware of our presence there.
"It's sad because people come here to have a nice time on holiday.
"It's obviously affected the [campsite] owners as well even though the people brought their own equipment there. They are distressed by what has happened as they are in the business of leisure and pleasure."
County councillor for the area Owain Williams said it appeared it was a tragic accident.
"It's such a shock to hear of such a tragedy," he said.
"What makes it worse of course is the family were on holiday to enjoy themselves and this tragedy hits them."
The Welsh Ambulance Service sent two emergency ambulances, the North Wales Air Ambulance and a duty officer.
The man was airlifted to hospital in Bangor, and the children were taken there by road. They were said to be in a comfortable condition.
The family had arrived there on Saturday.
Aberafon's website says the campsite has 15 acres of valley grounds.
It is at the foot of the 1,500ft (450m) Gyrn Goch, and near the hamlet of the same name.