North East Wales

Three in hospital after Threapwood house candle fire


An adult and two children have been taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service has said.

Emergency services were called to an address in Threapwood, on the Wrexham-Cheshire border, just before 01:00 BST.

The casualties were taken to the Wrexham Maelor Hospital suffering smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Wrexham and Malpas tackled the blaze, which was started by a candle.