North East Wales

Two people treated for smoke inhalation after flat fire

Two people were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire in a flat in Flintshire.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus were called to a flat at Wrexham Street in Mold at 20:20 GMT on Monday to extinguish a fire in the kitchen.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the fire started when a pan was left unattended.

An ambulance crew treated one casualty at the scene while the other went to hospital as a precaution.