North East Wales

Denbighshire dog poo on girl's gum shield sparks warning

Baw

A warning has been issued to pet owners in Denbighshire after dog poo ended up on a rugby player's gum shield.

The council said the incident at Cae Ddol fields in Ruthin could have had "serious consequences" for the young girl's health, although there were no "lasting effects".

David Smith, Denbighshire's cabinet member for environment, said he was "disgusted and disappointed".

"We would urge everyone to be responsible and clean up," he said.