30 flats in Flint water damaged after fire service exercise
More than 30 flats have suffered water damage after a fire service training exercise in Flintshire.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was carrying out the exercise at Bolingbroke Heights, Flint, when the incident happened on Tuesday evening.
The water caused damage to fixtures and fittings and electrical wiring in flats from the 13th floor down.
The fire service said it was working with Flintshire council to establish what caused it.
No-one was injured, but one resident was provided with temporary accommodation overnight and another chose to stay with relatives.
Chris Nott, senior training and development manager for the fire service, said it was "assisting residents with the recovery and return to normality".
The council's chief officer for community and enterprise, Clare Budden, said emergency systems and lifts were working by the following morning.
A number of electrical problems were then fixed on Thursday.
She added: "I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to those tenants affected by this incident and our accommodation support team will continue to offer their help and support to residents if required."