North East Wales

Cats' deaths prompt RSPCA poison alert in Shotton

Cats Ernie and Lou Lou Image copyright RSPCA

Two cats have died after ingesting poison, prompting the RSPCA to issue a warning in Deeside.

Ernie and Lou Lou, which belonged to the same owner in Shotton, had to be put down after blood tests showed they had ingested a poison.

RSPCA inspector Rachael Davies said: "We don't know if it was a deliberate act or accidental."

The charity warned people to keep chemicals, such as vehicle antifreeze, secured and out of the way of animals.