The owners of Wrexham FC say delays in reaching a deal with fans to buy the club has prompted talks with two other parties.
Directors Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts say they have been approached by people with previous associations with the club "to see if they can help".
Wrexham Supporters' Trust (WST) said they had told the owners the deal could not be done before the end of July.
On Tuesday, it was announced that financial concerns were behind the Crusaders' decision to withdraw their application to continue in rugby league's Super League.
A WST statement said: "The statement made by the directors and the action taken with the Crusaders' franchise has created a lack of certainty at a time when agreed proposals were being finalised."
The club owners said they are meeting with the interested parties this week regarding the future of the Racecourse, used by both Wrexham FC and the Crusaders.
"After our statement last Friday advising that finances are critical, we have been approached by two parties offering to see if they can help," said a statement published on the club website on Tuesday.
"Both have previous associations with the club and we are meeting with them over the next few days.
"With the delay in the takeover, we must explore every avenue to keep the club alive until the WST are able to complete."
The club was put up for sale earlier this year, with the trust interested from the start.
WST was part of a joint bid with local hotelier Stephanie Booth before she withdrew her offer.
Later, businessman Colin Poole pledged cash for a takeover with the WST having a 25.1% share, before he also pulled out.
Wrexham FC's owners' latest statement said Mr Poole had been its preferred bidder.
They also blame the delays in the takeover on the supporters' trust, something it flatly denies.
A WST statement said: "The board strongly rejects any suggestion that any delay in the completion of due diligence and offer for Wrexham FC is within its control.
"The trust initially made an offer to take control of both the club and its assets in early June - and approached Wrexham council for financial support to do so.
"This bid was rejected in mid June and left the trust in the position of preparing a second approach in a very tight time frame."
The statement added: "We feel it necessary to pause and take stock of our discussions with the club until the owners make their intentions publicly clear."
It said the WST proposal is still on table, which has been "agreed in principle with the club as the basis for securing Wrexham FC".
"We are willing to resume immediately upon receiving assurances about the future of the club."
And it adds: "The trust has never objected to the introduction of third parties to support the survival of the club."
Glyndŵr University confirmed on Wednesday it is still involved in talks regarding the Racecourse ground and the club's Colliers Park training facility.