Check services, south Wales rail passengers advised
Rail passengers in south Wales are being advised to check before they travel as a number of services have temporary changes to their timetables.
All routes between Cardiff and Newport and Arriva Trains Wales services between west Wales and the Valleys are subject to alteration.
No trains will run between Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen Street.
Passengers had faced cancellations and delays before new year as a result of re-signalling work in Cardiff Central.
- Replacement buses between Cardiff Central and Newport for Arriva, Great Western Railway and Cross Country services
- West Wales services running via the Vale of Glamorgan line between Cardiff and Bridgend. Replacement bus services will call at Pontyclun, Llanharan and Pencoed
- Rhymney/Treherbert services starting and terminating at Cardiff Bay via Cardiff Queen St. They will not stop at Cardiff Central
- Aberdare/Merthyr services starting and terminating at Cardiff Central and not calling at Llandaff, Cathays and Cardiff Queen St
- Barry Island services starting and finishing at Cardiff Central
- No trains between Cardiff and Penarth. Tickets will be accepted on Cardiff Bus services
- Ebbw Vale services running to Newport, where they will connect with replacement bus services to Cardiff
- No City Line services
- Shuttle services between Coryton and Heath Low Level for passengers to transfer to Heath High Level services
Engineering works for the Christmas period are scheduled to be completed before 3 January.