Two wards at Wrexham Maelor Hospital hit by norovirus
Two wards at Wrexham Maelor Hospital have been closed to new admissions after an outbreak of norovirus, the winter vomiting bug.
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board said there had been no new admissions to the Mason and Cunliffe medical wards since Christmas Eve.
A spokeswoman said 13 patients and one member of staff had been affected.
"There are 50 beds between the two wards and there are currently six beds not in use," she said.
The highly contagious norovirus causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
The symptoms begin about 12 to 48 hours after infection and usually last for between 12 and 60 hours.
The board is urging anyone with symptoms to stay away from the hospital for at least 48 hours.
For essential visits, the hospital is asking people to wash their hands before entering the ward and when leaving.
Meanwhile, Mold Community Hospital has been given the all-clear after one of its wards was closed to new admissions for 12 days. The Delyn ward reopened on Wednesday.