Tayside and Central Scotland

Firefighters put out blaze at commercial garage in Bo'ness

Rattray Street fire Image copyright Gary McIntyre
Image caption Fire crews were called to the scene on Rattray Street

Firefighters have extinguished what was a "well-developed" blaze at a commercial garage in Bo'ness.

Emergency services were called to the scene in the town's Rattray Street at about 16:30.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service sent four fire engines and a height appliance to the blaze in the single-storey building.

One man was given first aid at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Fire crews put out the fire and the last appliance left the scene at about 22:00.

Police had said the fire was causing "large clouds of heavy smoke" and advised people to keep doors and windows closed.

They also urged members of the public to avoid the area.

It was the second major fire to break out in the town in the last seven days.

Bo'ness United's stadium Newtown Park was severely damaged in a blaze on 4 June.

Two teenage boys were later charged in connection with incident.

Related Topics