Tayside and Central Scotland

Diners evacuated after Dundee restaurant blaze

Mint Indian tapas bar in Dundee Image copyright Google
Image caption The blaze started in the ground-floor kitchen of the Mint Indian tapas bar and restaurant

Diners were forced to evacuate an Indian restaurant in Dundee after a fire broke out.

The blaze started in the ground-floor kitchen of the Mint Indian tapas bar and restaurant in Perth Road and travelled through the extraction unit.

Staff raised the alarm just before 19:00 on Friday, and diners were taken to safety before the emergency services arrived at the scene.

Four appliances attended and the fire was extinguished about an hour later.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites