Dundee teenager released over explosives charges
A 17-year-old boy charged with explosives offences after police searched a property in Dundee has been released.
The teenager was arrested following a search of an address in Troon Court on Monday.
But prosecutors released him from custody ahead of an expected appearance at Dundee Sheriff Court on Wednesday.
Police Scotland earlier said he had been charged with offences under the Explosive Substances Act.
A Crown Office spokesperson said: "The procurator fiscal at Dundee received a report concerning a 17-year-old man in connection with an alleged incident on 29 February.
"The accused did not appear in court and was liberated from custody. The case against him remains live and under consideration."
In a statement following the search, Police Scotland said: "Tayside Division would like to reassure the public that in the circumstances there was no immediate threat to any members of the public, nor is there cause for wider concern in the community."