Tayside and Central Scotland

Peak Sports Centre in Stirling evacuated after ammonia leak

A sports centre in Stirling was evacuated earlier after a small chemical leak.

Fire crews, police and an ambulance were called to the Peak Centre in Forthside Way at about 10:30.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said fumes from a leak of diluted ammonia had blown into the air vent to the swimming pool.

One staff member complained of a sore throat and stinging eyes. No-one was hospitalised.

Maintenance engineers ventilated the area and the centre has since been reopened to staff and the public.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites