Annan letterbox firework witnesses sought
Police have said the consequences could have been "catastrophic" after a lit firework was put through the letterbox of a house in Annan.
The incident happened some time between 21:00 and 23:00 on Tuesday at a property in Kimmeter Square.
Fire crews were called out after the householder discovered the building was full of smoke.
PC Stewart Hunter said the actions had been "completely reckless" and appealed for witnesses.
"Thankfully the firework did not set anything alight and no-one was injured in this incident," he said.
"We are carrying out door-to-door enquiries into this crime in an effort to find out who was responsible."