South Scotland

Tribute to Michael Travers who died in Soonhope chalet

Peebles scene
Image caption Michael Travers said they were "comforted" he spent his last few days at their holiday home near Peebles

The family of a man who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in the Borders have paid tribute to him.

Michael Travers, 59, from Larkhall, died at a holiday chalet in the Soonhope area of Peebles on Saturday.

In a statement, his family said: "Michael was a much loved husband and father and we are devastated by his death.

"He loved spending time at our holiday home near Peebles and we are comforted that he spent his last few days there."

It added: "We are grateful for the support of friends and family and would ask the media to please leave us alone to grieve privately."

Emergency services were called to the chalet after receiving a report that its three occupants felt unwell.

Mr Travers was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 60-year-old woman and 31-year-old man, reported to be his wife and son, were taken to hospital for treatment.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites