South Scotland

Four in hospital after Borders chimney fire

Four people have been taken to hospital in the Borders suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning following a fire in a chimney.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Law View in Preston near Duns.

They found it was caused by a blocked flue.

The four occupants of the property were taken to Borders General Hospital for treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites