South Scotland

Stow hiker remains 'critical' after tent fume poisoning

A hiker from the Borders remains in a coma in hospital after being poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes in his tent.

Phil Morgan, 49, of Stow, was missing for 24 hours on Minch Moor before he was found by rescue services on Thursday night.

It is thought he was poisoned by fumes from a camping stove or a gas light.

His partner Trudy Anderson has asked friends to record stories to be played to him in hospital in the hope he may respond to familiar voices.

Mr Morgan was reported missing after he failed to return home on Thursday.

He was found unconscious in his tent by rescue services having lain undiscovered for more than 24 hours.

He remains in a critical condition in Borders General Hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites