- The population of the council area stood at 169,910 in 2009 and the authority employs about 7,500 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £409m.
- Renfrewshire Council'sheadquarters are based in Paisley.
- The council has 11 wards, electing 40 councillors. The authority currently has 39 councillors as one council seat has been left vacant.
- At the end of last year, theRenfrewshire town of Linwoodwas named as Scotland's most dismal town in the annual Carbuncle awards.
- The Renfrewshire town of Paisley is to host the Royal National Mod in 2013.
- The council recently announced a £2.5m Invest in Renfrewshire programme to reduce youth unemployment and support the growth of the local economy.
- At the end of last year, campaign group Big Brother Watch said thatRenfrewshire Council had the worst recordin Scotland for protecting private data. It said the local authority was one of the 10 worst authorities in the UK, with 41 data loss incidents over three years, including lost laptops. Renfrewshire Council disputed the organisation's claim, saying it provided information other councils did not.
- The council area includes Glasgow international airport, as well as the towns of Linwood, Johnstone, Erskine and Bridge of Weir.