Perth and Kinross Council
- The population of the council area stood at 145,910 in 2009 and the authority employs about 6,000 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £268m.
- Perth and Kinross Council'sheadquarters are based in Perth.
- The council has 12 wards, electing 41 councillors.
- Population in the council area is projected to grow by 22% in the next 12 years.
- The council area is also projected to see the number of elderly people grow significantly in the next 25 years.
- This month, Perth learned that it wouldbecome Scotland's seventh cityafter winning a UK competition marking the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. The town based its bid on Perth's long history as a city. The status was removed in 1975 as part of a local government shake-up.