- The population of the council area stood at 363,460 in 2009 and the authority employs about 21,300 full and part-time workers.
- The council's budget stands at about £820m.
- Fife Councilproduces the second largest amount of household waste of any Scottish local authority, but it recycles almost 57% of that waste.
- The online retail giant Amazon is to create 950 new jobs in Scotland.
- Distribution firmAmazon created more than 700 jobswere created at a newly-built plant distribution centre in Dunfermline, Fife. That facility replaced a smaller plant at Glenrothes, also in Fife.
- There are 23 multi-member wards on Fife Council, electing 78 councillors.
- A campaign group Big Brother Watch recently found thatFife Council runs 1,420 CCTVcameras at a cost of £0.9m.