East Dunbartonshire Council
- The population of the council area stood at 104,680 in 2009. The authority employs about 4,300 people.
- East Dunbartonshire Councilhas a revenue budget of about £240m.
- The authority conducted a "stakeholder engagement" consultation in which residents gave their opinions on what service priorities the council should have.
- The area contains many of the city's commuter towns and villages.
- In a 2007 a Reader's Digest poll, saw East Dunbartonshire voted the best place in the UK to raise a family. The report's authors said "safe streets, strong schools and thriving towns", backed by a strong community, were reasons given for the area's top spot.
- In September last year the council confirmed it would not be taking part in a scheme to pool its back office functions with its neighbours. The plan had been for about seven councils in the former Strathclyde Region would set up an agency employing about 3,500 staff to carry out such functions.
- The council's administrative headquarters is Kirkintilloch, which is about eight miles north east of Glasgow.
- East Dunbartonshire Council has eight multi-member wards which have 24 elected councillors.