East Ayrshire Council
- The population of the council area stood at 120,210 in 2009. The authority has about 6,400 full-time posts.
- East Ayrshire Councilhas a budget of about £330m.
- In 1996 local government changes saw the district's area combining with that of Cumnock and Doon Valley to form East Ayrshire council.
- Kilmarnock is the area's biggest town and home to its council headquarters.
- It has nine multi-member wards, electing a total of 31 councillors.
- At the end of March, the historic link betweenKilmarnock and Johnnie Walker whiskycome to an end after 192 years when the last Red Label was bottled at the Ayrshire plant.