Low wage employers in Scotland named and shamed
More than 20 Scottish employers who have failed to pay the national minimum wage have been "named and shamed".
The Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) released the list which includes hair and beauty salons, shops and construction and engineering firms
The arrears owed to staff has been calculated at more than £44,000.
The minimum wage ranges from £3.30 to £7.20 per hour depending on age and status.
Since the name and shame scheme was introduced in 2013, more than 400 employers have been listed, with total arrears of nearly £1.2m.
Penalties handed out have passed the £500,000 mark
The Scottish businesses on the list were:
- Bay Newsagents, Weymss Bay, Inverclyde, owed £12,527.97 to three workers
- Little Beehive Nursery, Fife, owed £9,065.14 to seven workers
- Topstaff Employment Ltd, Glasgow, owed £3,355.25 to 20 workers
- Macdonalds Hotels & Resorts Ltd, Bathgate, West Lothian, owed £2,123.10 to six workers
- Hairstopper Limited, Ayr, owed £2,021.07 to two workers
- Susanna's Hair & Beauty, Ayr, owed £2,013.22 to one worker
- K Construction (Scotland) Ltd, Edinburgh, owed £1,916.61 to two workers
- Newlay Civil Engineering Ltd, Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, owed £1,860.60 to one worker
- Papa Johns, Edinburgh, EH8, owed £1,811.33 to 19 workers
- Sine Hair & Beauty Salon Ltd, Glasgow, owed £1,027.65 to one worker
- JR's Hairdressing Ltd, Glasgow, owed £1,000.16 to two workers
- Ryce Limited, Fife, owed £935.96 to one worker
- Light of India, Oban, Argyll and Bute, owed £927.60 to one worker
- Austen Thomson Hair, Edinburgh, owed £759.32 to one worker
- Lydiafield Care Home, Annan, owed £741.67 to 13 workers
- Fisher & Donaldson (St Andrews), Cupar, Fife, owed £574.32 to six workers
- Vallance Hair & Beauty, Edinburgh, owed £547.20 to one worker
- Craigs Courier Services, Falkirk, owed £484.90 to 1 worker
- Benkaz Ltd, Shotts, North Lanarkshire, owed £266.71 to one worker
- Fury Murray's (Paisley) Ltd, Paisley, owed £216.14 to one worker
- AMS Hair & Beauty, Edinburgh, owed £150.00 to two workers
- Assist Homecare (Scotland) Ltd, Stevenston, Ayrshire, owed £134.21 to 1 worker
- Micro Fitness Ltd, Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, owed £104.93 to one worker