Highlands & Islands

Firefighters tackle fire in Fort William

Fire in Fort William Image copyright SFRS
Image caption The fire broke out in the kitchen of a first-floor property

A blaze that broke out in a home in Fort William was prevented from spreading to neighbouring properties, the fire service has said.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire in a kitchen of a first-floor house in Kennedy Road.

No-one was injured in the fire which broke out at about 18:55 on Thursday.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was not thought to have been suspicious.

Image copyright SFRS
Image caption Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at about 18:55

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites