Highlands & Islands

Man injured after cooker explodes in house on Lewis

A man was badly burned on his head and hands after a gas leak in his cooker caused an explosion in his home.

The emergency services were alerted to the fire in North Bragar on Lewis at 17:51 on Sunday.

Firefighters from Port of Ness and Stornoway extinguished the blaze.

The man, who was described as "elderly", was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites