Lochaber's World War Two commando role recalled with trail
A new tourist trail recalling the training of commandos during World War Two in Lochaber has been officially opened.
Lochaber Archaeological Society has led the project to create the route and interpretation panels at eight locations on it.
It starts at Spean Bridge Station where soldiers arrived to begin their training.
Lochaber's commando role is also recalled in a statue near Spean Bridge.
The soldiers were based at nearby Achnacarry Castle, the ancestral home of the chiefs of Clan Cameron.
The castle, about 15 miles (24km) north east of Fort William, was used to train elite commandos from Britain and the US as well as France, the Netherlands, Norway, Czechoslovakia, Poland and Belgium from 1942 to 1945.
Glen Mallie and South Loch Arkaig were also among areas of Lochaber where soldiers were trained in commando warfare.
The interpretation panels have a barcode that can be scanned with a smartphone to provide more information and highlight where the other panels are located.