Highlands & Islands

Firefighters rescue man from blaze in Inverness flat

A man has been rescued from a fire in a ground-floor flat in Inverness.

Firefighters were called to the city's Rosehaugh Road at about 16:30 on Sunday after members of the public reported seeing smoke coming from the flat.

The man was taken from a bedroom in the property and given first aid before receiving treatment from paramedics.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service group manager John MacDonald said the incident highlighted the need for homes to have working smoke detectors.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites