Highlands & Islands

Man taken to hospital after fire in Inverness flat

A man has been rescued after a fire in the kitchen of a flat in Inverness.

Firefighters helped him from the ground-floor property in Anderson Street at about 20:30 on Wednesday.

He was taken to Raigmore Hospital where he has been receiving treatment for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Fire and smoke damage was caused to the flat.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites