Glasgow & West Scotland

Firefighters tackle blaze at Glasgow chip shop

Fire appliances at Blue Lagoon chip shop Image copyright john mcgowan

Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a chip shop in Glasgow city centre.

Four appliances were called to the Blue Lagoon on Gordon Street, next to the main entrance to Central Station, at about 13:40.

The fire was extinguished a short time later. One woman suffered slight smoke inhalation but did not require hospital treatment.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was confined to the takeaway.

In October 2012, firefighters tackled a fire at the same premises.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites