Glasgow & West Scotland

Woman rescued from fire in flat in Greenock, Inverclyde

A woman has been taken to hospital after being rescued from a fire at a flat in Greenock, Inverclyde.

Crews were called to the four-storey tenement building in the town's Mill Street at about 00:16.

Fire crews in breathing apparatus rescued the woman before extinguishing the blaze in the living room.

The woman was taken to Inverclyde Royal Hospital for a precautionary check-up. The blaze was caused by an item coming in contact with an electric fire.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites