Glasgow & West Scotland

Woman and boy rescued from smoke-filled Paisley flat

A woman and a boy have been rescued by firefighters after their first-floor flat was engulfed in toxic smoke.

The fire at the flat below theirs in Stock Street, Paisley, broke out at about 11:40.

Two men in the ground-floor flat were suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and were taken to the Royal Alexandra Hospital.

The woman and child were checked by ambulance personnel but did not require further treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites