Glasgow & West Scotland

Family treated in hospital after Paisley house fire

Three family members have been treated in hospital after a kitchen fire at their home in Paisley, Renfrewshire.

Crews from Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service were called to the property in Schaw Road, in the town's Gallowhill area, at about 12:15 on Sunday.

A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and later taken to Paisley's Royal Alexandra Hospital.

A woman and child were also taken to the same hospital for precautionary check-ups.

The blaze was brought under control by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites