A 10-month-old boy has died after choking on food at an Edinburgh nursery.
The incident happened on Tuesday at the Bright Horizons Nursery in Corstorphine.
The boy was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh for treatment, but died the following day.
A Police Scotland spokesman said: "The death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious, and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
The nursery said it was "devastated" by the news and was co-operating fully with the authorities
A spokesman said: "Our thoughts are with the family at this time.
"The safety and wellbeing of the children in our care is our absolute priority. The nursery will be closed whilst we support our staff and families.
"In the meantime we have arranged for our families to be offered alternative care at neighbouring nurseries."
Robert Aldridge, whose council ward covers the Gyle, said: "My sympathies go out to the baby's parents and to all the parents at the nursery as this must be a terrible shock to them all.
"There must be a full investigation into the circumstances so we can make sure there is no repeat of this ever happening again in the future.
"It is awful what the parents must be going through.
"Staff must be devastated. I'm sure they must be feeling absolutely awful."